France has now reopened its borders to fully vaccinated UK tourists and our carp fishing in France holidays are back on!
From the 11th February, there are no longer any testing requirements once you return to the UK either.
Important: this article was last updated on the 27th January 2022. As this is an evolving situation you should always check the requirements for yourself using the links included in the article below.
Entry to France
You need to be fully vaccinated and before you travel to France you will be required to show a negative Covid test (either a lateral flow test or PCR test), taken within the 24 hours before leaving the UK (children under 12 are exempt from this test).
“Fully vaccinated” is defined as:
- 1 week after the second dose of Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca.
- 4 weeks after the single and only dose of Johnson & Johnson.
- 1 week after the single dose of any of the above vaccines if you have previously tested positive for COVID-19.
It is not currently required to have had your booster vaccination to enter the country, but we strongly suspect this will be the case in the future. We urge our clients to sort this booster when they can.
Unvaccinated children under 12 years old can travel with their parents/guardians. Anyone over 12 is required to be fully vaccinated.
Entry back into the UK
Before travelling back to the UK you need to:
1. book and pay for a COVID-19 test (before 11th February 2022) – to be taken after you arrive in England (either a lateral flow test or PCR test). You can take the test any time after you arrive and before the end of day 2 at the latest. The day you arrive is day 0.
From 4am on February 11, eligible fully-vaccinated passengers arriving in the UK will no longer have to take this lateral flow test.
2. complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England.
It’s never been more important to get good travel insurance, either an annual policy or one-trip cover. Companies like StaySure appear to be offering cover for Covid related issues as standard at no extra cost.
For the official details on the requirements for travelling when carp fishing in France…
You can check directly both the UK and French government pages for the most up to date information:
UK Gov (re-entering UK) – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england
French Gov (entering France) – https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-forforeign-nationals-in-france/
Search for your next carp fishing in France holiday
Take a look at our website where you can search by date and your criteria. Rest assured that if borders close, preventing your holiday from going ahead, you will be able to move your holiday date.