Important: this article was last updated on the 20th September 2021, as this is an evolving situation you should always check the requirements for yourself using the links included in the article below.
On the 4th August, the UK’s Transport Secretary, Grant Schapps, announced that they would drop the 10 day at-home quarantine policy for fully vaccinated people returning from an amber country (which France currently is).
So, carp fishing holidays are back on!
Entry to France
Only fully vaccinated people can travel to France for tourism purposes. The French government website explains what ‘fully vaccinated’ means.
At the port to enter France you will need to provide proof of two things:
1. Proof of vaccination (the NHS App provides this)
2. Declaration form (see download for this at the bottom of this French government page)
Entry back into the UK
You can find the official government page here, but essentially you need:
1. Proof of a negative ‘pre departure’ test to travel back to England (antigen, lateral flow or PCR). You must take the test in the 3 days before your return journey. It cannot be one of the free NHS tests, you must use a provider. AFTER the 4th October this pre departure test will no longer be required for fully vaccinated passengers – see gov update here.
You can take an Antigen or Lateral Flow test in France, these are cheaper than the PCR. All our lakes have established how you can get this locally and will help you through the process, you just need to contact them via email (their details can be found at the top of your info pack in your customer area). Cost is capped at 29 euros for an antigen test in France.
You can find other options for buying the test to return to the UK here too.
2. You must complete a passenger locator form (which also asks you for proof that you have booked your PCR day 2 test).
3. Once back in the UK you must take a PCR test on day 2. At the end of October this will be downgraded to a lateral flow test. – see gov update here.
We have a 10% off discount code for Qured – ALINES21 – you need to apply the above code at checkout to get access to the 10% discount.
Unvaccinated under 18’s in your party?
Under 18’s will be able to travel with their legal guardian, even if they are not vaccinated. However, if they are 12 or over, they will need to present proof of a negative test for entry into France (can be an antigen or lateral flow test using a recommended company, must have been done within the 24hrs prior to travel).
But, please do double check on the French government website here.
It’s never been more important to get good travel insurance, either an annual policy or one-trip cover. Companies like StaySure appear to be offering cover for Covid related issues as standard at no extra cost..
Hope this helps. Rest assured that both ourselves and the lakes will do everything we can to help you through the process.
For the official details on the requirements for travelling…
You can check directly both the UK and French government pages for the most up to date and official information:
UK Gov (re-entering UK) – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england
French Gov (entering France) – https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/