We have rounded up our favourite carp fishing images from 2016, big thanks to all anglers for sending them through to us.
1. Tom Robson and Rowan Charnock visited Old Oaks back in February, here is what they had to say…
“For anyone looking for their first 40lb or even 50lb fish I can’t think of a better venue in France. The ratio of fish above 40lb is second to none – between the October/Feb trip we managed 43 Carp, 24 of which were over 40lb and 6 being above magical 50lb mark.”
2. Trevor Aburrow sent this wonderful photo in from an autumn session on Alder this October. Here’s his feedback;
“Very helpful never had any problems with any part of booking or holiday. Great lake in a beautiful quiet countryside, Chris & Steph lovely hosts always their if needed.”
3. Stewart Cliff and Andy Gilbert have fished Brocard Large every year for the last three years and their catch report this year proved they have really got the lake figured out. We particularly liked this photo from their trip.
“Ten plus years with you guys and never a problem. Great lake, great week. Franck was a gent as always, and we look forwards to our next trip to Brocard Large.”
Andy kindly wrote a few tips and thoughts on Brocard Large for our blog, you can read it here – ‘Breaking Down Brocard Large’
4. Mike and Matt Linstead braved a cold March to fish one of our newest venues, Deux Iles. We loved this photo from their trip…
“I’m a firm believer that you reap what you sow in this life and the effort owner Bruno has put into to making this a top water will certainly make it a truly brilliant carp fishing venue. If the first week’s results are anything to go by, you’ll need to get your name down early before it’s all booked up!”
5. Marc Brydon with one of Villefond‘s largest residents ‘Arthur’ at 65lb5oz. Marc landed a total of nine carp, including a further 4 x 40lb+ and 2 x 30lb+.
“Really helpful, made sure we had all that we needed.”
6 & 7. Matthew Kingsford fished Jonchery this year, writing a report on the lake that later featured in Total Carp Magazine and included some great photos.
“Although I didn’t get into the big carp in the lake (they go to 67lb) I had a fantastic week with great company, great hosts at a truly fantastic venue in beautiful surroundings. If you haven’t been to France before or have and are looking for a new venue then I would seriously recommend Jonchery.”
8. Abi Bainbridge had a cracking session on Lillypool this summer…
‘Great place, lovely fish. Friendliest bailiff ever! Finished on 29 fish biggest 37lb 14oz. Lovely Holiday.’
9 & 10. The ‘Cockney Carpers’ were on their third visit to Molyneux this year. Here are a couple of photos from Keven Watt that in our opinion sum up what it’s all about.
“Nothing is too much trouble for you. We don’t believe there is a better company around to book with. We love the venue and Wally and Helen are just the best hosts you could wish for.”
11. Ben Austin started on an incredible journey at the beginning of this year. His ‘Man With A Plan’ trip saw him take on Europe in search of the worlds biggest and most stunning carp on an epic 12 month journey! Along the way he dropped in on a handful of our lakes too, here’s what he had to say about Vaumigny…
“The place was just amazing, really wild and set in the heart of beauty.”
12. Andy Miller had an incredible 24hrs fishing on Old Oaks in June. Jonathan Manning tells the story…
“Andy fishing Peg 1 had a brace of 50s, 30 minutes apart and also had a 50 the day before, 3 x 50s on the bounce – amazing fishing. All Pegs caught multiple fish and 4 of the party went home with personal bests (and a soaking!!) thanks to Mehdi the owner, who was very friendly and helpful.”
“Chas and Josie went out of their way to make us feel welcome, as they do to all anglers, so I can thoroughly recommend their little corner of carp fishing heaven to anyone. Whether you want to pit your wits against their really big carp, or just take the family for a relaxing, secluded week away in the Brittany countryside, this place is certainly worth some serious consideration.”
14.Martin Grice’s family had a great time at Vincons this year, with 74 carp caught in between lounging by the pool! Here is their feedback…
“The pool was great for the kids in the boiling weather and the gite and lodge clean and very nice. The whole family had a great time and although we weren’t looking forward to the long drive the venue was well worth it. The fish are all in great condition and plenty of bites made for a lot of fun. Alice, her mum and family made the perfect hosts, leaving us to enjoy the holiday but also being there if and when needed.”
1. Keith Williams of Mainline Baits fished Brie and landed 22 carp to over 40lb, including this absolute stunner. One for the photo album!
Find out more about all of our French carp fishing lakes here – Our Carp Lakes