Big common carp are fewer and further between in comparison to their mirror counterparts. They’re also most anglers prized captures as the sheer length of a common carp in excess of 50lb is something quite special. We’ve rounded up some of our favourites from Angling Lines venues…
1. Caught at Villefond, May ’16
Villefond is well known for it’s big average weight of carp (last week’s anglers had 8 x 40’s, 6 x 30’s and just 2 x 20’s!) and 51lb common ‘Little John’ is no exception.
2. Caught at Jonchery back in April ’13
We don’t have all the details on this capture but it’d be a crime not to include it, this carp is truly stunning!
3. 60lb, caught by Gaz at Old Oaks in September ’15
‘Great Fish, Great Lake, Great Owner!’
4. 54lb, caught at Brocard Small back in April ’13
There are a couple of big beautiful common carp at Brocard Small, this one is our favourite though…
4. Steven Male with a 50lb ghost common, caught at Laroussi in May ’15.
There are at least 3 different 50+ commons in Laroussi.
5. 54lb, caught by Robert Booth at Boux in May ’14.
‘We had 22 fish including 5 x50lb+ and 6 x 40lb+. Third trip to Boux, won’t be our last.’
6. Last but not least the current lake record at Lillypool. Will caught this common in May ’16.
To get more information on any of the venues above, find them here – Carp Fishing France